The Edward Thomas Fellowship has published a fine-art limited-edition book featuring eighteen poems by Edward Thomas, illustrated by specially commissioned wood engravings by contemporary artists.
This project follows on from the popular series of notecards produced by the Fellowship.
The Book has been printed by John Grice at The Evergreen Press in Gloucestershire. John utilised the artists’ original wood blocks. As a result of this, the book is an excellent reproduction of the engravings, which are considerably superior to the notecards.
The format of the book is as follows:
- A limited edition of 250 copies, comprised of 50 special-edition copies (now sold out)
- 200 standard-edition copies, all of 270mm by 195mm in size and having 55 pages.
- The book has been printed on Zerkall 7635 smooth-white 170 gsm mould-made paper.
- Type has been set in Monotype hot metal Garamond 11 and 12pt with Mole Foliate display.
- The Standard Edition is bound in full green cloth and fancy Linen.
With an introduction by Edward Cawston Thomas, accompanying notes to the poems edited by Richard Emeny from Edna Longley’s recent versions of the texts, and a biographical account written by Colin G. Thornton.
Copies of the Standard Edition are £85.00 each including postage and packing.
Download an order form for Edward Thomas: Words in Wood.
Payment may also be made by PayPal.
To view the illustrations and poems included in the book, please see the Notecards pages on this website.