PRICE REDUCTION TO CELEBRATE THE OPENING OF THE EDWARD THOMAS STUDY CENTRE AT PETERSFIELD MUSEUM
The Edward Thomas Fellowship has published a fine-art limited-edition book featuring eighteen poems by Edward Thomas, illustrated by specially commissioned wood engravings by contemporary artists.
This publication follows on from the popular series of notecards produced by the Fellowship.
The Book has been printed by John Grice at The Evergreen Press in Gloucestershire. John utilised the artists’ original wood blocks. As a result of this, the book is an excellent reproduction of the engravings.
The format of the book is as follows:
- A limited edition of 200 copies
- All are 270mm by 195mm in size with 55 pages.
- The book is printed on Zerkall 7635 smooth-white 170 gsm mould-made paper.
- Typeset is Monotype hot metal Garamond 11 and 12pt with Mole Foliate display.
- Bound in full green cloth and fancy Linen.
With an introduction by Edward Cawston Thomas, accompanying notes to the poems edited by Richard Emeny from Edna Longley’s recent versions of the texts, and a biographical account written by Colin G. Thornton.
Copies are normally priced at £85.00 each including postage and packing. For a limited period and whilst stocks last copies are available at £60* each including UK postage and packing (overseas prices will vary owing to additional postage costs). Please amend the order form accordingly when you download it.
Download an order form for Edward Thomas: Words in Wood.
Payment may also be made by PayPal.
To view the illustrations and poems included in the book, please see the Notecards pages on this website.
* The price reduces to £50 if you purchase this book in person from the Edward Thomas Study Centre (open Wednesdays and Thursdays 10.00 – 15.30) at Petersfield Museum and Art Gallery in Hampshire.